Friday, May 15, 2009

3.5 day at White's Beach


Great day at White’s beach yesterday 5-14-09. 4.2 sail w/ 85l board to start off and then things got interesting pretty quickly. I ended up on my 3.5 Ezzy and 78l Maui project.

I’ve been sailing White’s since 1998 and this day had the biggest swell I have seen there.

It was great sailing with the regular crew (Steve, Singe, Justin, Connor and a good sailor from St. Johnsbury). It still amazes me that no one from Burlington was there. Tim made the trek to Plattsburgh and had a great time, but was a little concerned about getting hurt. I think the wind may have been a little stronger and the shore break a lot tougher to get through.

As you can see from the graph, it was gusty but it was a great way to kick off the season.

And for anyone who didn’t sail because of the water temperature, we checked it at the beach and it was 53 degrees. I was hot.


No comments:

Post a Comment